Think you have what it takes to be crowned King or Queen of the checkerboard? Well here's your chance as the Checkers and 106.5 The END will hold the inaugural Checkers with the Checkers tournament and charity event on Friday, Jan. 13, at 6 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings at the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
Fans will get the chance to play in a bracket-style Checkers tournament and against their favorite Checkers players.
Don't know how or don't want to play? Come anyway! There will be a silent auction, raffle prizes (check below for a list of prizes), games and appearances by Wilson, 106.5 The END personalities, the CheckMates and Chubby.
Registration for the tournament will be $10, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to the Children’s Organ Transplant Association (COTA) through Hayden’s Hope, a local extension of the life-saving transplant non-profit organization.
**Tournament registrations are limited to 64 spots but everyone is welcome at the the event and can play against Checkers players. To register by email or phone, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-444-1875.
Grand Prize for Tournament Winner
• iPod Touch and a checkerboard signed by the entire team
Silent Auction Items
• Team-signed game-worn Checkers jersey
• Four (4) Bud Light Bench Seats tickets to the March 16th Checkers game vs. Norfolk
• An SEC logo football signed by all 12 of last season's head coaches, including Nick Saban and Les Miles.
• A Hayden's Hope football signed by various ESPN Analysts
• An UnderArmour football signed by Cam Newton
• An SEC Poster signed by all 12 head basketball coaches
• A Hayden's Hope football signed by LSU head football coach Les Miles, offensive coordinator Greg Studrawa, QB coach Steve Kragthorpe and defensive coordinator John Chavis
• Two (2) tickets to the Black Keys concert (3/24) at Bojangles’ Coliseum
• Team-signed 3x5 Checkers House Flag
• Team-signed Checkers hockey sticks
• Game pucks signed by Checkers players
• Two (2) tickets to Monster Jam at Time Warner Cable Arena (1/24)
• Two (2) tickets to the Pink Floyd Experience (3/8) at the Fillmore
• Other various concert tickets, courtesy of 106.5 The END
• Other promotional Checkers items