The dance-cheer clinic is designed to build self-confidence, showmanship, and offer children the opportunity to learn from and train with the best in the AHL. Junior CheckMates participate in an all-day clinic and learn an intermission routine to perform with the CheckMates during the game.
Jr. CheckMates Registration
- Saturday, March 15, 2014
- Experience the thrill and excitement of performing in front of more than 11,000 fans during a Charlotte Checkers game at the Time Warner Cable Arena
- Develop basic dance and cheerleading skills taught by the CheckMates
- Receive an official Junior CheckMate t-shirt and pom poms
- Build self-esteem and character
- Make new friends
- Show your Charlotte Checkers and Junior CheckMates pride and HAVE FUN
- All participants must be between the ages of 6 and 14 by December 2013
- Limited to the first 200 individuals who return registration with payment
- Formal dance and cheer instruction is not required. No auditions are conducted. All skill levels are encouraged to participate
What's IncludedThe cost is $75 per participant. This includes a t-shirt, pom poms, one corner level ticket, snacks/drinks all day, dinner, a group picture with the CheckMates, a certificate of completion, DVD of-performance and a day with the CheckMates learning a dance routine. Registration fees are non-refundable after Monday, March 3, 2014.
TransportationParents must arrange transportation for their children. Parents should be prepared to drop their child off at the arena and pick them up at the arena after the game, unless they are attending the game (game starts at 7 p.m.). No parent will be allowed to accompany their child during the clinic.
- 1:00 - 1:15: Check in
- 1:15 - 1:20: Introductions
- 1:20 - 1:45: Stretching
- 1:45 - 2:45: Dance/cheer combo
- 2:45 - 3:00: Snack time/chat with CheckMates
- 3:00 - 3:30: Showoffs
- 3:30 - 3:45: Performance by CheckMates
- 3:45 - 4:30: Autographs and pictures with CheckMates
- 4:30 - 5:00: Prep for game
- 5:00 - 5:15: Pre-game meeting
- 5:15 - 5:30: Get ready for performance
- 5:30 - 6:00: Dinner
- 6:00 - 7:00: Craft time
- 7:00 - End of game: Be a Jr. CheckMate!